Saturday, December 15, 2007

Search for the elusive Crispa store


We had to find Crispa’s main store to get information about their company for our advanced marketing subject project which is revitalizing a former famous brand because there is no available information to be found on the internet.
Right after our class, me and my groupmates commuted via MRT to Shaw Boulevard because according to my groupmate, Crispa’s store is found in Pasig City (no specific address). Upon arriving Shaw Boulevard MRT station we called the number which was given to my groupmate. We had to call several numbers because they keep telling us wrong numbers or the numbers of former stores which have closed down. Finally, we have called the right number and we got the specific address of Crispa’s store. Crispa’s store “The White-T Company” is located at Eagle St., Barangay Ugong, Pasig City. Even though we had their address, we don’t know how to get there, but we are driven to find this store, so we continued on our journey. Hoho. We got down MRT Shaw Blvd. Station, passed by EDSA Central Mall, and rode a jeep that takes us to Barangay Ugong, Pasig City. Upon arriving Barangay Ugong, we just had to ask people where Eagle St. and Crispa's store is. Finally, we were able to see the elusive Crispa store on Eagle St. which is just near SM Supercenter Pasig and Tiendesitas.



Now let’s talk about the product; Crispa, the famous shirt brand known for quality; was created in 1948 by the late sportsman Valeriano “Danny” Floro. Story has it that "Crispa" was derived from the first syllables of the names of the late Doña Crisanta and the late Don Pablo Floro, parents of the late Valeriano "Danny" Floro. When the owner Valeriano “Danny” Floro died; Crispa temporarily stopped operating. Crispa was inherited by Valeriano “Danny” Floro’s eldest daughter Theresa Floro-Balaguer. With her husband Virgilio Balaguer, they re-introduced the Crispa shirt brand through their company Star Textiles Inc. in January 2004. And if you’re wondering what does “redmanizing” means because it is always printed on Crispa’s packaging “redmanized” and Crispa Basketball team is called “redmanizers”; Redmanizing is the process of softening fabrics. (I’m not sure of the meaning though. Hoho)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi great article, i was searching for crispa articles online and yours came up.if you would like to know more about crispa please call 09175352520. we are now in the process of revitalizing the crispa brand.

Jun Abines said...

Hi,

He he, another Crispa loyalist like me.

Yes, I guess its time for Crispa to regain its past glory. The name still rings a bell.

By the way, your article reminds me of my past being the family driver of the Floro-Balaguer family.

I stayed with them as family driver for just about five months in year 2004.

My employment with them though very short, was among my most memorable. It was a privilege to have stayed at the famed Ayala Alabang, a very peaceful and quiet place. He he.

I still remember Ma'am Theresa as a very sweet, soft spoken and nice boss. Sir Vergillio is a guy who loved to sing with a piano.

I was with them when I first saw Subic Bay. I was very honored with their trust in me as a family driver despite my young age and being a newest among many drivers.

A nice family with a bunch of good drivers and helpers with them.

Jun Abines said...

Ooops, I mean year 1994 not 2004. It was 14 long years ago. He he.

My age has just betrayed me, I guess.

Anonymous said...

can you tell me how to get there? hehehehe! tnx a lot

Unknown said...

just wandering if you know Sir Pablo Floro .He used to live in Valle verde.Any news regarding his whereabouts. ty imee martin

Design by The Blogger Templates

Design by The Blogger Templates